Monday, October 12, 2009

Dear Apple... (macbook saga parts 1-2)


Dear Apple,
I'm tired of waiting, pursuing updates on my own. It has now been three weeks at work that I have not had my laptop. I'm a teacher and I manage data for my class with my laptop. This includes lesson plans, digital lessons themselves, as well as grades and other resources.
That's fifteen days that I have been unable to access essential data.

Did I mention that report cards are due in two weeks? When I brought it in, that was five weeks.

Wil I have it back in time?

In addition to this, it was not one, but two things that have now been seriously wrong with my computer. First the trackpad, and now this mysterious shutting down.

I was advised to "quick-drop" it so the repair would get done more quickly. I was called to say that they knew what was wrong with it and that they would need to order a part. And then I waited another week with no response. So I called and they said that the part was still on order and that I would get a call when it came in.

I believe they said it was now the graphics controller chip that was being replaced.

What next?

But I am tired of waiting for my machine. I use it every day. And I even use it for simple things, like iTunes purchases on my iPhone, which I then back up on my laptop, just to be safe.

So since there is no laptop, I'm stalled on backing up my iPhone. For three weeks.

How long does it take, Apple?

And what is my time worth, anyway?

What about my confidence? The trackpad. The graphics controller card.

What next? And how long will I wait to get it back before I can discover that problem?

No, this is ridiculous, Apple. You need to get me my computer back, so I can get back to using it. The iPhone is nice, but not a laptop replacement.

Speaking of laptop replacement, maybe that's it. Stop waiting for the part, and replace the whole machine.

The clock is ticking, and I'm sick of waiting, Apple.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: