Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunset

Sometimes i am stunned by things that are completely normal. Take, for example, the mountains. They are here everyday from the moment that I wake up until the moment that I go to sleep again. In fact, they are there all night while I sleep too.  I simply take them for granted until they grab my attention.  Aren't we like this sometimes with each other? With God? 

Sometimes i reflect on this fact when someone tells me that they are going "to the mountains" to see the leaves or something like that. And then I wonder why they are not  just looking around at the incredible beauty around us.  I guess that's why it's valuable to go on retreats sometimes, to get away from it all and see what you have been taking for granted.  It's also the reason why it is so important for married people to go on dates on a regular basis. To take time to recognize the amazingness that is your spouse. As for me, I am so grateful for my wife, and just love her to pieces... I can't wait for our next date. 

I guess until then, I'll just have to look around at the beautiful sunsets that happen every day.

No comments: